OCV León is the nonprofit organization, responsible for conducting the promotion of tourism in the city, primarily focused on the atraction and realization of new conferences, conventions, fairs and exhibitions that brings together local and foreign visitors to Leon and therefore the rest of the State of Guanajuato. Here you will find the other three instances dedicated to tourism such as Municipal Tourism, CANIRAC and the Mexican Association of Hotels and Motels of León.
“Our main goal is to Position León
as the leader city in Mexico for the making
of Business and Tourism Congresses.”
The strategies to reach our customers (tourists in general and event planners) are several, but can be summarized in the following:
- Advertising campaign
- Requests for conferences and exhibitions in other venues.
- Blitz (direct visits to clients).
- Care visits and familiarization trips to the city of León.
- Specialized presentations and participation in fairs and tourism events.
The OCV is committed to support conferences and exhibitions held in the city of Leon, which have foreign influx, since for the city is very important to have good attention to the visitor.
- Linking with Government Agencies. (Secretaría de Desarrollo Turístico del Estado de Guanajuato, for support of guides, estudiantinas presentation, presentation of social or cultural programs).
- Coordination with the local committee of the event and other support facilities.
- Links with industry suppliers and operators (DMC).
- In case of obtaining the venue in León, we work next to the organizing committee of the previous event.